Saturday, February 27, 2010

Asian not so Gothic

I tried really hard to come up with something for the Haunted Design House challenge this week.  I'm just not very good at dark/gothic type cards.  Mine all end up being cutesy! 

The paper is called 'zen garden'.  I believe that fulfills the Asian part.  You'll have to decide if any of them are dark or gothic!

Here they are:














I used several sets from TAC to make these.  The green card is with simply divine, butterfly swirls, good timber, and I think the other is spring flowers.

The good timber probably fits the 'dark/gothic' best.  So, here is a picture of it by itself.














Boy oh boy, I've really been working on the paper hoarding.  Check out other lovelies to learn more about what I'm referring too.

Hope your Saturday is superb!

10 comments:

jjcreations said...

Very pretty cards. The papers are wonderful.

blackdragon said...

These are lovely.... and you cant help making stuff cute and girly... if i try cute and girly it ends up dark and gothic!
xxx lynx

Alexandra Lundgren said...

I think the cards are beautiful and how wonderful is it that YOUR style still comes through!!!

StampitCrazy said...

These are beautiful colors and images, Nice job.

KellyRae said...

Lovely cards Suzanne. Asian influence, definitely. Dark/Gothic? Well...you live and walk in sunshine and brightness, I don't think you have a dark/gothic bone in your body (lol).

Anonymous said...

I would decide pro-gothic. ;-) (I had problems with the dark part of the challenge, too and if your cards are not dark, mine would also fail the test.)
You were using a butterfly - and butterflies are always only one step from "black butterflies" - translated into German: Schwarzer Schmetterling, which is also the name of a CD by the german gothic band ASP.
Your cards are very beautiful. I like them all, but the one with the butterfly most. The background paper is fab and there's a butterfly - and I love them, even in non-black colours *wink*

Barb said...

These are all just beautiful, Suzanne... Gothic or not :) Lovely papers, and the images coordinate perfectly... thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Unknown said...

These are really great! I can't do dark/gothic very well, either. The papers are lovely and you did coordinate the stamps well with them.

Trudy Osborn said...

Gorgeous!

Melisa Waldorf said...

These are all so beautiful!!