Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wow!

My first card class of the new year was the biggest yet!  I'm exhausted!  It was too much fun!  Today's class was all about Valentine's!  On Wednesday, I had a total of 9 to get ready for.  By Wednesday night, I had 11.  Luckily one was a kit because I ended up with another!!  Now, I have to go back and cut the kit again but hey-it was so much fun!  For the first time ever, I had 2 guys join in the cardmaking festivities.  They were 17 or 18 and can I tell you they were supremely creative!  I wish I would have thought to take pictures of their creations and compare them to my originals.  I was so busy my head was spinning!  Unfortunately I didn't think of it until I sat down to send this out to all of you for weekend inspiration.  They were good sports and great out of the box thinkers.  Thanks go out to Kelsey for inviting them.  Oh, and did I tell you about my new friend?  She saw me shopping in the M...store, asked what I was using all that ribbon for and the rest is history.  She joined us tonight and I think she may join us on future ocassions as well.

So, this is what we did:














I will post individual picture along with a supply list daily this coming week.

Guess what else?  I'm a glutton for punishment.  I'm helping my friend Amanda next week.  She teaches 6th grade social studies and also picked art to teach as an elective for the kids.  Every day next week, I will spend her art hour teaching the kids a different Valentine card!!!!  Thankfully she stays in the class and keeps them under control.  I just teach the techniques.  Phew!

Finally, I want to remind you to check out my Thoughtful Thursday challenge.  There is a prize!

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your class, and with 2 young men! How cool! Your projects are wonderful!! Very Valentine-y! Is that a word??

Maria said...

I love these class ideas, thanks for sharing.

Stef H said...

wooooo hoooo on the super class! and you teach too???? wow! sounds like you're gonna be busy. but these cards are really great!

hugs :)

Glittered Paws said...

Well no wonder you had such a turn out - the cards are fantastic - and 2 guys hmm...nice going. There are times that my DH helps me with cutting etc. but never creating.

Barb said...

These are all fab, Suzanne! LOVE the bracket label one with the pearls!!!