Monday, December 1, 2008

1st Annual Ornament Exchange

Hi! I've been a little bad about posting. The holidays always mess up my typical schedule. The boys were out of school most of the week last week and so.....

Today, I hosted the 1st annual ornament exchange at my house. I had 5 friends participate. One was unable to make it but will still be exchanging ornaments. Hers will just be a little late. I'm very excited to say that it was even more than I had hoped for. I really don't know what I was expecting. It was absolutely fabulous. While everyone was here, I put them on the spot. I asked if they'd be interested in doing it again next year. I believe it was unanimous in the yes department. We will also be adding a calendar exchange at the same time. The details will have to be worked out a little later.

I made two different ornaments because I just couldn't decide. You will see them in this first picture. The reindeer is a wood cut out that I covered with the Reece paper collection from TAC. The second is a clear ornament from Michael's that I stamped with staz-on and I used the Christmas fun set from TAC. The holly berries are covered with red glitter glue.



This next picture is of all of the ornaments that were exchanged today. I will post the lone one when I receive it. I really just love them all. I'm super glad that everyone agreed to do this.



Finally, this last picture is the project that we did at the 2nd completely Christmas class. It is a pocket. I used 2 pieces of the whimsy paper and glued them together to make it double sided then I did the folding. After that, I stamped the snowman on the white card stock using the marker to stamp technique. I'm sure that isn't the technical term but I'm not sure what is. I just love this set from the fall supplement. I can't ever remember the name or number of it. I'm going to have to get better about that. Ahah! Holiday cheer r-3037 is the name and number.



So, tomorrow, Mark goes to the E.N.T. Hopefully, that will take care of his chronic sore throats.

Be on the lookout for multiple blog updates. TAC is running many great specials in December. Here are some: wonderful winter wishes-5 brand new stamp sets, whimsical, wintery vintage sets-3 retired sets, a feast of fabulous collections-9 bogo paper collections, the palette for pennies is still going on, double dips ends in 2 days, and don't forget about the Sydney free for fall that ends on the 8th.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Great ornaments, Suzanne!! LOVE the cute reindeer... perfect with the Reece papers! What a fun ornament exchange!