Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Last 2 Baby Thank yous!

This first one is slowly growing on me.  I think the green may be tripping me up a little.  The pink monkey is super cute though!

The paper is all TAC from the toodle loo collection.  I used a tag from the same collection and cut off the top of it to make the overlay for the monkey.  The oval is cut with a Marvy punch that TAC also sells.  Ink colors are belle rose and noir from palette ink.  I can't remember the names of the stamps but both are current TAC stamps.  I know the thanks comes with tons of cirlces.  I think it might be the circle sampler or something like that.



I probably saved my favorite for last.  For some reason, I seem to do that.  The ribbon and patterned paper are from the craft store that starts with M.  Thanks is from the same stamp set as mentioned above.  The ink color is also the same.  For the flower in the lower right corner, I used the Marvy punches from TAC.  I cut the large one first, the tried my best to center it in the smaller punch and cut again.  I really like the outcome.  I'm not really sure where the little paper flowers came from - I have too much stuff.  I keep trying to make a resolution and not buy anymore until I've used up the old but came seem to stick to it.  I need to work on my will power!!LOL


Since I had that perfectly good flower, I had to use it.  So, as you can see below, I put it inside the card.  Well...there was no sense in wasting it! :-)



If you get the chance, check out my other blog - OTHER LOVELIES.  I've decided to change my posting dates over there to Thursdays (mostly because I can never remember to post on Wednesday!)  I think that I'll probably change it up a little a make it a challenge blog (thanks Patti!)  It will start out very, very simple!  Thoughtful Thursdays - so, be thinking about some challenges you'd like to see over there.


I hope your Wednesday is wonderful!  Oh, VERY IMPORTANT - don't forget to thank a veteran!



3 comments:

Patti J said...

Hey you! Great cards!!!! I especially love the last one with the squares - just something about that layout...hmmmm...I have an idea - that could be your first Thoughtful Thursday SKETCH challenge! Lol... Anyway - go check your email!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the cute thank you cards - especially the last one - cute with the pastel squares.

KellyRae said...

Cute cards Suzanne. I liked your idea of using your negative flower punch on the inside of that second card. Here's a tip for double punching...start with the smaller punch first (it's a lot easier to center the smaller punched out area using the larger punch).