Sunday, January 18, 2009

Technique name?

Most of you guessed that it was the stained glass technique. Well, to tell the truth, I don't know the name of the technique. However, I looked up the stained glass technique and this definitely is not it. According to what I read, you must emboss and color with markers on the stained glass technique. I definitely did not do this. The method I used is much less time consuming. I'm all for easy!

Also, many of you commented that you liked the blue card the best. My mom did the coloring on that particular card. I just put it together.

So, here is how you complete our 'unnamed' technique. Use staz-on to stamp the image onto acetate. Adhere double sided adhesive to the opposite side of the acetate. You can use an xyron machine or just double sided mounting sheets. Then you color the parts of the image that you choose with chalk. Now, you cannot use q-tips or your normal chalk applicator tool to do this. It will leave little fuzzies all over the adhesive. It's NOT a pretty site. Ranger (Inkssentials) makes a product called pen nibs. Wow, they are so cool.

Thanks so much Monica for the phone tutorial. I really appreciate it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. No school tomorrow. We're going to the movies and then back home to stamp the rest of the day away.

Can't wait to see all of you hostess club gals on Thursday! Wait till you see the trash to treasures!

No comments: